Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dreaded Phone Call

Well, I just received a most dreaded phone call. I had my 1st one hour glucose test on Monday and just received a call today that my blood sugar level was high. I now have to go in to do the 3 hour glucose test on Monday to see if I have gestational diabetes. I really, really, really, really, really hope I don't have it!

In all honesty, the main reason I hope I don't have it is not because of the changes that will need to occur immediately, but the chances that I develop Type 2 Diabetes in the future goes up. I am a girl who loves food and if I develop diabetes later in life, I will be sad to have to live such a restricted life in regards to food.

So, I don't know if it will help, but I am going to really restrict sugars and eat healthy for the next 4 days to see if it makes a difference on the test. Plus I will try and exercise every day except Sunday and see if it helps. However, I really limited sugar for 2 days before my first test and it was still high. I don't have super high hopes that this will really do much but I'm going to try.

Here's hoping.....

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nellie! I've had a couple of friends who tested for this during pregnancy but then once the pregnancy ended they were over it! I hope that is the case for you! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it does indeed go away after pregnancy, but I'm more worried about my chances to get it in the future going up rather than having it for a few weeks in pregnancy. I'll find out this morning!

    ReplyDelete