Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Time to start working!

Well, it has now been 4 weeks since I had my baby and I think I've lost about as much as I'm going to without putting some exercise in the mix. I am also weaning from pumping and so my milk production is still around although lessening every day. However, once my milk supply diminishes, I will probably lose a pound since I still feel a little top heavy. I stopped pumping on my left side a few nights ago and yesterday I didn't pump at all. I do have a plugged duct which I'm hoping will stop hurting soon so I can really start to exercise. Until then, all I can pretty much do it walk because of the sore spots.

These past few days have been a little frustrating for me. I have eaten pretty healthy and eaten less than normal to help the weight loss and nothing has budged. In fact, I have gone up a pound from last week, probably due to the fact that I haven't pumped and I am somewhat full of milk.

Oh well, once my milk is gone and I can really start to exercise harder, I think I will see some progress. I was hoping to make it down 30 pounds and then have to work hard for the last 10 but I guess I will have to work hard for the last 15. That's okay, I will do it.

On another note, it feels really good to not feel hungry all the time. I find when I am eating a meal that I am full after eating just half which is great! It is really nice to be able to eat less and feel satisfied. Yesterday I had cereal in the morning, then a peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread and green grapes for lunch. I had 94% fat free kettle corn for a snack and then tator tot casserole with fruit for dinner. I did have a little no sugar added chocolate ice cream for a treat in the evening. I feel like I'm doing well and I'm on my way!

1 comment:

  1. Getting back to normal is so hard after a baby. All the hormones make it hard to lose weight sometimes but I really believe that the key to doing anything in the weight department whether it's gaining or losing is almost always related to food. Good luck. It sounds like you're on your way. I think it's awesome that you only have 15 to go. I always end up with 20!
    PS. Kam and I have been talking about bringing the 3rd kid to the family. I'm really nervous. I feel really comfortable with just 2 and I'm really feeling comfortable with my body. I'm just not sure I'm ready for the changes but, I think it's time.

    ReplyDelete