Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas has come and gone.......

Well, I didn't quite make my goal of staying under 138 for the holidays.  After Christmas I stepped on the scale and saw 139.2.  I keep trying to eat better and now that the treats are dwindling down that helps, but I am very munchy.  I have gotten used to eating whatever/whenever and now I need to change that mind set and only eat when I am truly hungry.  I seriously ate SOO MUCH this holiday season, more than I normally have in the past.  It was getting out of hand.  Like a half bag of holiday candy a day, wow!

Even though I only gained 5 pounds over the holidays, I feel so poofy and uncomfortable.  My waist has grown and my pants are all fitting a little snug.  My face is more double chinned than ever and my energy has waned.  Plus, my back has been hurting more and when I eat a lot of sugar, I get yeast infections much more easily.  When I did my health challenge, my yeast infections became a thing of the past, that was really nice.

So, I know I won't be perfect until after New Year's but I will start a new health challenge and I need to decide if I just want to maintain or lose 6%.  If I lose 6%, I will likely have to get down to 130 or even a little below if I lose any weight before it starts.  As of today, I would have to get down to 130.8 to lose 6%.....:) That would be cool.  Anyway, I'll decide when the time comes but until then, I'm am going to try harder to make better food choices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment