Sunday, July 10, 2011

P.S.

Tomorrow it will be 10 weeks since I started making myself accountable and as of Friday, I had lost almost 5 pounds. I guess 1/2 a pound a week isn't too bad, but it could be better. However, when I step on the scale tomorrow, it will definitely be higher than that but I will try hard again this week.

It is frustrating though when you work out like crazy one day and indulge with 2 pieces of cake and gain weight. On Saturday, I was working in the yard from 8 until 1 mowing, weeding, trimming, etc. I did a lot of physically taxing manual labor and I gained weight, it was sad. I think it got me a little down so I ended up eating way too much today because I figured if I wasn't going to lose weight after all of that work, then why try today. I know, I know, it's a bad thing to think but I thought it and gave up today.

I did read an article about a woman who did a blog to lose weight and she ended up losing over 100 pounds. She wrote that weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise and ain't that the truth! It just proves what happened on Saturday to be true. Diet really is the key. When I did my yeast free diet, I did not exercise at all really and I lost 6 pounds the first week from diet alone. It slowed down after that but it was key. I really want to do that diet again just to lose this weight, uggh!

Okay, I just had a chat with my husband, and I told him to really hold me accountable and encourage me to eat better and not let me off the hook. If someone in my own house is going to be working on this with me, perhaps I'll have better results. I told him I want 2 free meals a week which will probably be Saturday night (date night) and Sunday dinner with families. He agreed to help me, yay! I just hope I don't hate him for it :)

Okay, that's enough ranting for now.

2 comments:

  1. Diet really is key. I never understood that. I remember thinking "well if I'm already not eating too bad if I just add exercise I'll loose weight." Well, that didn't happen. I didn't lose weight. So I started eating good. I can tell when I eat well and when I don't.
    As far as your working all day in the yard. I've had days like that and wonder, shy am I heavier after that. It's most likely your body is hanging on to water and other stuff for the moment to recover from all the work you did. I've found that if I don't weigh myself each day, especially after a big "work-out" I usually find that I lose the weight, it just doesn't show right away. Anyway, I think you are doing great. It's always easier when you have someone who can encourage you and even do it with you. I've got my hubby on board- kind of- and it helps. Although since he's only part way on board it still can be hard. My trouble right now is the fact that we have decided to make our family bigger so my motivation to lose weight has been overrun by the thought that I'm just going to be gaining weight when I finally get pregers so why try to lose. oh, the battles we face and the stupid things we think to talk ourselves out of being "good."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie. I thought for sure this morning I would've gained a ton due to eating so bad yesterday, but I actually weighed less than I did Sunday morning. I guess the workout did pay off a day late. However, I have decided that for a while I am going to try and eat whole foods, or foods in their more natural state instead of processed or fried foods. If I do want something processed like pasta, it will have to be the wheat variety. Here's to a good week hopefully!

    ReplyDelete