Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Trying something new

So, I have decided to put my scale away for a month and see how I do. I know there is a lot of advice that says to weigh yourself every day to really monitor weight loss/gain closely and other advice that says don't let the scale rule your life and just weigh in occasionally. I am usually all for weighing in every day, however, it is getting out of hand. I am starting to weigh myself every single time I go to the bathroom, as well as when I go to bed and when I wake up in the morning. I know, pathetic! It's starting to affect my mood and my eating habits. If I weigh in at a lower weight I am happier but then I reward myself with food which is of course, negative. I know I shouldn't but I always think, I worked hard, I can take a little break for a day which really sets me back. If I weigh in at a high number (especially at the end of a day that I worked hard and ate really well), then I'm depressed and grumpy.

So, it's time for a change. I put the scale away and I will not pull it out until I weigh in on Friday, August 12th. The only thing I'm worried about is that I will tell myself that I have a whole month before I weigh in, so I can eat a little more lax right now but I am trying to banish these feelings and really keep going strong.

Here's to trying something new! Of course I won't have Friday weigh-ins until then, but I believe I will still post on my progress of just trying to live a healthy lifestyle which will not be so tied to my weight :)

Unfortunately, I did not weigh myself this morning before eating breakfast, running and drinking a lot of water afterwards, so I don't have a great starting number, but I think 152.4 is my best guess so I'll stick with that and shoot to be at least 4 pounds less (148.4) when I weigh in again. Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. So awesome! I have the opposite mentality whey I weigh in too much. I see that the scale showed I lost weight and I am excited to keep up the good work. But then when I see the scale creep up higher I lose my motivation and tell myself that what I am doing is not working and I give in to all the things I shouldn't (treats, more food, extra snacks, not working out, more food...you get the point). Anyway, I've tried really hard not to weigh myself everyday but only one time a week. It definitely helps me! Now if I could find a way to get myself of of my funk right now I might be seeing some results!

    ReplyDelete