Saturday, April 24, 2010

Saturday Morning Weigh-in

I didn't write a post yesterday because I was too sick to do anything really. This morning I weighed in at 138.2 which is a 0.4 weight loss. This has been a very weird week for me. Here's how it went.

On Monday I did some serious lower body strength training. Then on Tuesday I was going to do some aerobic activity followed by upper body strength training and then repeat on Wednesday and Thursday alternating between lower and upper. Well, after my strength training on Monday, I could barely move for a few days! So on Tuesday I just did some low key jogging/walking. On Wednesday I was still sore but a little better so I did a little harder aerobic exercises and a little bit of strength training. On Thursday I did an hour's worth of yard work and went swimming that evening.

I started to notice and even googled this, but I was retaining water after my lower body strength training. This was due to the fact that I didn't drink enough on Monday and Tuesday so I started retaining water to help my muscles heal. Since I wasn't losing any weight and even gaining, I drank a lot of water on Thursday and it really, really helped!

Then on Thursday night about 9 PM I noticed my tonsils were starting to feel yucky and I ended up with a fever all night long. I was sooooo sick yesterday that I couldn't even get out of bed without feeling like I was going to pass out. This has been by far the WORST case of strep throat I have ever had. I have even been really nauseated with this illness, it stinks!

Oh well, this morning I am feeling a little better, not great by any means but able to get out of bed at least. Oh, and next week will probably be my last weigh-in for a while since I have 2 vacations coming up in May. Of course that depends on this illness and if I can even eat normally and exercise next week. If I stay nauseated then I will need to eat when I need to eat and probably won't exercise. Perhaps I'll check in on Monday and give another update then.

No comments:

Post a Comment