Friday, February 11, 2011

Can't I be Done yet?

Well, the more time that passes, the more ready I am to be done with this pregnancy. However, I still have 5 weeks to go and that seems like an eternity to me!

This pregnancy has been a little tougher than past pregnancies. With my first pregnancy, I never had trouble walking and never really waddled. I was able to walk with my husband until the day I delivered. I was perfectly fine going full term because I knew after that, I would have a baby to take care of for a very long time!

Then with my 2nd pregnancy, I started feeling some pressure on my pelvis about a month before I delivered and I was hardly able to walk the last month and even had to get those motorized carts at the store it got so bad. I kept hoping I would have the baby early starting at about 8 months, but no such luck.

Now, with this pregnancy, I have started getting painful little contractions when I'm up and about starting at about 32 weeks and I know they are not labor because they pretty much go away when I sit or lie down. I am however getting some pressure on and off again and my left leg is often sore and I have a hard time walking. Plus, I have some back pain which makes it hard to move sometimes too. I still have over a month and I am feeling really done. I need some lessons in enjoying the moment now and not keep wishing for the future to come more quickly.

Also, I have had a little bit more heartburn than past pregnancies. I never get it very bad and Tums takes care of it, but still, a little more than previous babies.

I am also still dealing with nausea on a daily basis. I can't wait until I just feel tired and not sick at the same time. Most days are okay but some days it still knocks me out and I have to rest and take a nap to deal with it. On those days that I can't seem to shake it, I do usually take a Zofran pill to help. It sure does help but then it makes me constipated so that's frustrating too.

I also feel a little more grumpy with this pregnancy. I haven't felt very emotional in past pregnancies but I have had down days a lot in the past few months. Perhaps it's having 2 other kids to care for that end up pushing my buttons including a little girl who really really likes her Mom and wants me to do more for her than Dad, even though he is willing. I can't wait for Timmy to start school, these kids are starting to go stir crazy, especially Tim! He's definitely ready to have some set structure to his days.

Well, I don't mean this post to be just a way to complain, but more to document what I'm feeling when so that I can compare it to any future pregnancies which should hopefully just be one more!

I'm close, and this little guy will be here before I know it! I just need to focus on eating well, exercising a little and staying positive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment