Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The End is in Sight!

Well, after much debate and discussion and weighing of feelings, I am probably going to opt to be induced a week before my due date. I am still nauseated every day, and since week 32, I have been experiencing some painful small contractions when I'm up and around, and starting this week, I have been getting them when sitting also. They are not regular and usually don't last more than a few hours, but are not so fun either. The doctor has been checking me and I am dilated to a 1 and thinning out and the baby's head is low but not really progressing more than that.

There are a few things that have helped in this decision. First of all, I have an end in sight and it's less than 4 weeks away, March 14th! Second, both of my 2 previous babies have weighed over 8 lbs and with gaining an extra 10 pounds with this pregnancy, I worry about a too large baby which could mean a more difficult delivery or potential c-section. 3rd, I am just ready to move on to the next phase and ready to have my body back. Lastly, my induction with Allison was so easy and the delivery was just perfect so I'm hoping that this will be the case with this baby boy too.

Now, I am kind of funny about deliveries. I think it is way more fun to go into labor and call your family all excited instead of having a set induction date where everything is planned. I know it's silly, but that's just me. Perhaps I will be induced with this one and then try for labor with my last one!

Well, here goes nothing!

1 comment:

  1. I totally know how you feel...wanting it over with but wanting the surprise. Both my babies came when my labor started and considering that I have to have c-sections I've decided that if I ever have another baby that I will let the baby decide rather than me setting a date. However, being induced can still be fun, because you don't know just when they'll arrive except in my case where as soon as you walk in for your "induction" you pretty much go right back to surgery and it's all done and over with in a matter of about 2 hours. So exciting to know you'll have your baby soon. I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete