Friday, February 4, 2011

So Random

Wednesday was the first day I have actually thrown up during my pregnancy without having a stomach bug. I didn't throw up the first 4 months (besides getting sick) because the Zofran prevented it and it was so nice. The weight gain has been more with this baby as a result, but not throwing up was really nice. I woke up and ate Cheerios like I do every morning at about 7 AM. Then around 9:30 I was feeling nauseated and really hungry so I got some cottage cheese to eat. I started eating and realized I was just going to have to face reality and spend some time at the toilet. It was so weird to just randomly throw up at 33 weeks pregnant!

The only thing I can think that could've made it happen was I took a new prenatal vitamin that morning and maybe my body just didn't agree with it. I have 3 more of them (it's a sample) but I haven't talked myself into taking another one of them just to test the waters. My doctor gave me a bunch of samples to try at the beginning of my pregnancy and I decided now to use them up.

As for weight gain. The other day I weighed in at 176.2 which puts me at exactly 35 pounds and the most I am supposed to gain, ha ha. I still have 6 more weeks to go so I know I will go over the recommended amount. Most of the time I care, but sometimes I just don't and eat whatever I feel like eating. I try and exercise but I have been getting some little painful contractions and some pressure down below which makes even walking hard sometimes. I pushed through yesterday and exercised and actually felt pretty good after.

I have a kind of bad system I follow. I usually eat really well the week before my doctor's visit, but after I go and weigh in, I usually allow myself a few days to eat junk. I know I shouldn't, but I can't get out of the mentality that when I'm pregnant I have just a little more free reign to eat whatever I want. Wrong, I know, but I love food and especially food that isn't great for me like french fries and desserts.

Only a few more weeks to go so I'm trying not to stress out too much about this. At this point I kind of feel like whatever will be, will be :) On the plus side, I have not swelled up yet, hooray! My ring finger is a little swollen because my wedding ring is really snug and my shoes feel a tiny bit tight but no real visible swelling yet!

Funny side note. Yesterday I was at the mall and I saw a really cute swimsuit at JC Penney. I knew it would never fit me now but it's just the style and color I really like so I bought it in my regular size! Now I have 90 days in which to make sure I will really like it after my pregnancy and if not, I can return it. I told my Mom about this yesterday and she just cracked up! I think it's funny too but I really like it!

1 comment:

  1. I think you are doing awesome. I gained 45 lbs with both my babies and I was really careful about what I ate, although I did give in to the hamburger craving a few times and I ate soooo much all the time. I love that you bought a swim suit. I hate that for some reason you always find the really cute stuff that you've been looking for forever and on sale while you're prego. Isn't that how it always goes though?

    ReplyDelete