Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday Morning Weigh-In: Two steps forward, one step back

This morning I weighed in at 153.4 which is up 0.8 pounds from last week. Justin was out of town part of the week so I planned a lot to do which usually means not being home much (not as many healthy eating options) and not as much exercise. He came home on Wednesday and we were going to eat at home and then go to the temple. However, we found out that my brother is going through the temple on Saturday morning (tomorrow) so we decided to skip the temple and homemade dinner and went out to eat at Applebee's and it was yummy, but not healthy! I also didn't exercise that day because I was on the go all day. We were planning on a date night this weekend but we need to get to bed early tonight since we have to be up at 5 AM so it didn't make sense to go out tonight and on Saturday we will already have a babysitter in the morning for several hours so we didn't want to go out that night either.

Then on Thursday my sister-in-law and family decided to stay for dinner after piano lessons and she went to buy us dessert. After I ate my dessert I looked at the calories and I had eaten over 400 for just dessert, whoa!

Anyway, I'm still feeling like I'm not too derailed and if this weight takes some time to come off, it's okay. I am not going to be so crazy where I eat tons on the weekend and gain a pound or two, and then work really hard Monday-Thursday to eat very little and exercise a ton to try and lose weight by Friday. Instead, I'm going to be a little more relaxed so that I don't have to have a free day where I just binge all day and eat so badly and gain weight.

There is one thing I don't get though. I will eat well all day and then maybe splurge a little in the evening and eat around 2,000 calories and then I gain weight. You'd think eating that many calories would put me in the maintenance group but it seems I always go up when I'm not trying to lose. I can't seem to find that balance where I just maintain. For example, this week I had a day that I was doing really well and was around 1,000 calories just before dinner. Then I ate a big dinner (probably 1,000 calories) and I gained almost a pound overnight. Science says that to gain a pound you have to eat 3,500 extra calories and I most certainly didn't do that but I did gain almost a pound. I wish weight loss weren't so tough sometimes! It's waaaaaayyy too easy to gain weight and not so easy to lose it.

One more thing in this long post. Only 2 weeks after my Aunt Flo came to visit I started bleeding again and it lasted only 1 day I think around May 13th or 14th. Now it's been 2 weeks after that and nothing. My body is definitely still not very regular and it will be nice when I know what extra weight to expect and when. TMI, I know, but it's part of weight loss and sudden unexplained weight gains.

P.S. Does anyone else read this blog besides Katie? I'd love to know if you read about my success and failure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment