Monday, March 11, 2013

More Trials

On Friday Justin and I went out to dinner with friends and then we went to the adult ward game night.  I started getting serious chills and shooting pains in my lower abdomen.  Since we drove, I made everyone leave so I could go home (it was almost over anyway).  The next morning I was okay, not great, but okay.  We drove up to Park City to go to a lego builder showing at the Kimball Art Center.  It was pretty cool but then the pains and chills came back.  They continued on and off throughout the evening and I suspected a UTI. 

On Sunday morning I could not function with morning sickness, losing an extra hour of sleep, pain and chills and 9 AM church.  I got my family ready and sent them all (except Mikey) off to church and went to the instacare.  They did diagnose a UTI and gave me Macrobid which I got at Walmart and started.  I had nausea all afternoon but not too bad but they warned it could cause nausea and to take it with food.  I took another at bed time and another one this morning.  Well, this morning the crazy nausea started and I could barely stand it it was so bad.  I tried to throw up but the zofran prevented me so I just sat around in pain.  I finally took a 2 hour nap and I still felt terrible when I woke up.  I made grilled cheese for dinner and couldn't eat hardly any.  Well, I finally threw up and I must admit, not totally better but a little. 

I did call my regular OB today and explained what was going on and told them I didn't want to take this med for the next 3 days, the nausea was really that horrible.  They called in amoxicillan for me and I was going to go get it but couldn't even leave the house.  My sister-in-law came over to pick up her 10 year old son I was watching and supposed to take to the dentist (but the dentist wasn't working on Monday) so she went and got my prescription at Walmart, bless her soul.  Well, moving on, moving on. 

My poor husband is tired of me always feeling like crap and I don't blame him.  I don't love feeling like crap all the time either.  This too shall pass.  Welcome to 12 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. yuck! anything that adds to the torture of pregnancy is no fun at all! hang in there!

    ReplyDelete