Monday, November 18, 2013

Week 1 Down!

Well, I made it a week with almost no sugar.  The only time I ate sugar was on Saturday night when we celebrated my birthday with a date night to The Spaghetti Factory.  We went with 3 other couples and they give you ice cream at the end and for me to not have any when we were celebrating my birthday felt weird so I ate it even though I didn't really care about it (I'm not a huge ice cream person).  I did however avoid ordering the chocolate mousse cake which I really had my eye on :)

I didn't give in to sugar last night but I was tempted.  My sister-in-law brought pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and they looked/smelled so good.  Then I made brownies for dessert and didn't eat those either.  I win!  Oh, and I thought I would see a bigger weight loss from a week of no sugar, but only down 0.4 pounds at 152.6, lame.  This week I will work on eating better as well as no sugar :)  Also, my body is still acting very weird after having a baby.  I bled/spotted for 5.5 weeks and then it went away for 2 weeks and then at 7 weeks it was back and I keep spotting/bleeding occasionally.  I think it may have finally gone away but it's annoying for it to be there some of the time.  Sorry if I share too much.  That may be why I had a hard time losing weight....just maybe.

I really didn't have a hard time avoiding sugar this week.  I felt like it was not a big deal and I wasn't craving it all the time like I have in the past.  The only real time I felt deprived was Sunday night but I pushed through.

This week, perhaps some exercise and more healthy eating in addition to no sugar.  Going strong!

1 comment:

  1. Great Job! Especially considering it was a birthday celebration week! As far as post baby bleeding. I bled for 12 weeks with my boys and 9 with Riley. I did have spotting beyond the 9 weeks but not much. I think weight loss right after having a baby is hard. Your body is in such a funny state with crazy hormones and no sleep. It's great that you are eating well despite not seeing results. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete