Monday, November 25, 2013

I'm Done!

So, I made it!  I did have a few cheats like the ice cream a week ago and this week I ate 1 dinner mint and some homemade kettle corn which is just air popped popcorn with butter, salt and some kettle corn seasoning on it.  I also ate cranberry pork for dinner one night which has some sugar in it as well.  Overall, I feel like I didn't eat any treats though which felt good! 

I had some musings last night as these past two weeks came to a close.  First of all, I really missed my favorite daily cereal of honey bunches of oat but I compensated by eating toast, corn chex and cheerios which were great substitutes.  Second, I really like to eat granola bars as a quick snack during the day but instead I ate more fruits and vegetables instead which is great!  Last and best of all, I really enjoyed waking up feeling no guilt over the food I ate the day before.  No binge cookie eating followed by bloating and guilt the next morning and that was the best feeling of all!

I am planning to go back to eating some sugar but I am still going to focus on eating healthy as much as possible and only indulge when the time is right, not whenever I just want sugar. A friend recommended not eating after 6 PM, even through the holidays and then I will likely still lose weight.  She lost 50 pounds last year doing this.  Something to consider.......

I have also realized that to eat the recommended amount of fruits and vegetables each day is expensive.  I really tried to have 5-6 servings a day and it was a lot of food, just for me.  Imagine if my whole family did that, it would be a lot of food and quite expensive.  I can understand why people don't do it more and that only 1in 4 people eat the recommended amount each day. 

This morning I weighed in at 150.2, down 2.4 pounds from last week!  The lowest I saw on the scale was 149.4 and I am back up almost a pound but my body is still acting quite crazy.  Even this past weekend I have had days where I bled for a whole day, it's gone the next day and then back the day after that.  Not just spotting this time.  So frustrating.  Plus, I feel like I have constant PMS and I have a short temper with my kids and this bothers me a lot.  I had a friend who did this no treats bit with me and she drank a Mountain Dew (her stress reliever) almost every day and she lost 4 pounds.  I'm trying to not be bothered that I didn't indulge like that and I lost less than her but everyone is different. 

Anyway, we'll see where I am at next Monday after 2 Thanksgiving dinners (1 on Thursday and another on Sunday with my Dad and stepmom) and a birthday party/pizza night on Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment