Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fresh Start

I am kind of afraid to see what the scale will read tomorrow morning. I have been so bad lately and I really need a fresh start. I was sooooo close to reaching my pre pregnancy weight and now I don't feel so close so I really need to get back in gear.

I was talking with my sister-in-law last night (the one who motivates me by her will power) and she said her last 5 pregnancy pounds didn't come off so she stopped eating treats and bam, it left! She said even though it's gone, she is still avoiding treats because she knows they will just come back. After hearing her say that and also finding out she doesn't exercise, just eats right, I am going to try hard to eat well for the next few weeks. I will probably continue exercising, but perhaps not to the full extent I was before and relax a little more. By the way, her baby is 1.5 months younger than my baby, and it's her fourth kid! She is a super star!

In fun news, I completed my first official 5k last weekend in which I ran the whole time! I did the Racin' for Greyson 5k that benefited my old roommate's nephew Greyson who has a rare genetic disorder. I have done one other 5k but I walked half of it since I never trained. It was a great feeling and didn't even seem all that long. My time was 32 minutes and 17 seconds, just over 10 minute miles, woo hoo!

One other thing to mention since this is my health blog - my back has been bugging me for a few months now. It started out from the bad bed although for 5 years I LOVED my bed. So a month ago, Justin and I bought a new coil spring bed. I never really liked it and we had a 50 day guarantee so last Wednesday Justin and I went back and bought a much more expensive, natural latex bed. I am still experiencing some back pain but part of that could be due to carrying around an 18 pound baby (and his carseat a lot) and part of it may just need some adjustment time for my new bed (most bodies take 3-4 weeks to adjust to a new bed).

Anyway, I think a massage may be in order to really work out all of the kinks and get me back to normal. After having crazy back pain 1 year after I got married, it took a massage to make it go away for good. The chiropractor helps, but a massage is where it's at!

Anyway, here's to a really good 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment