Thursday, January 26, 2012

I'm trying not to feel frustrated but......

This week has been such a downer on weight loss. Last weekend I was sick with Strep Throat and major fevers at night and then they'd break and I'd sweat a ton (it happened Thursday and Friday night). Hence the nice weigh in of 137.6. I watched my weight and on Saturday it was around 138 and on Sunday up to 139 and by Monday I was around 140, which doesn't make sense. I didn't exercise much this weekend but I really watched my eating and did indulge a little but ate everything else in moderation and felt quite proud of myself. This week I have picked back up on exercising, eaten well but every day I just stay the same, right around 140.

According to my Body Bugg, there was only 1 day this past week that I ate more calories than I burned and that was on Sunday when I didn't walk much (still wasn't feeling well either) and had a thanksgiving dinner with moderate portions and 2 cupcakes on Sunday night. Every other day I have had at least a 500-1000 calorie deficit and still, I don't budge. I even feel a little poofy in my cheeks and tummy which is how I know I won't be weighing in very low. I was so excited to be well into the 130's and on my way down, but now I feel a little discouraged. That doesn't mean however that I am in any mood to quit or stop trying because I want this so bad right now, even with the frustration of my non responsive weight.

I hope this weekend doesn't undo much. I am going to stay with my Mom and her husband Dennis for the weekend in Wales, UT but hopefully they won't have too many sweets around, especially since Dennis is a diabetic and can't have a lot of sugar. I hope I just eat normal amounts of food and don't gain. I probably won't exercise but we'll see what I end up doing. Here's to a weight loss next week!

I just checked my schedule I made for myself and I am supposed to be at 138 tomorrow in order to reach 130 by March 2nd. Hopefully I won't be way higher than that but we'll see. Until tomorrow morning......

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are having fun with your family. I wouldn't worry too much about the gain. Your body holds onto water when you're sick and as a woman..getting sick just messes us up. So dumb, but what do you do? I have been super naughty (go figure the not weighing in) and have not been wearing my bugg for the last month. I am really excited for Monday so I can begin again with a fresh start. Although it will really be Tuesday since I'm finally driving back to Vegas and I can get on a routine. Sorry I missed seeing you. I guess we'll have to do it another time, but if you ever come down near Vegas please call me and know you can stay at our place. I love visitors!

    ReplyDelete