Monday, April 15, 2013

Taking it One Day at a Time

Well, Mikey is still not doing better.  He threw up Tues and Wed night and he has continually had diarrhea every day.  His poop was getting more solid over the weekend and was not lying around for a few hours every day anymore so we thought he was on the tail end of his illness but alas, not so.

On Sunday morning he laid around all morning and had diaper after diaper of diarrhea.  He then had many more in the evening for a total of like 8-10 dirty diapers, good grief.  Also, on Saturday night I talked to my sister-in-law and she said her youngest son had his stool tested and he didn't have rotavirus, but C Diff which is a lot harder to get rid of and may require nasty tasting antibiotics.

So, with that new information, we are going to test Mikey's stool today and find out if he does have rotavirus (I now hope so) or C Diff and see what course of action to take with that.  We did buy him some Culturelle probiotic powder to add to drinks/food and he has taken it Sunday and now again today.

He also got pink eye last week and I only had leftover drops to last 4 days so I stopped and alas, he got it again yesterday so I had to go fill my next prescription and now do it another 7 days, lucky me.

Also, Allie is now sick with a bad cold and fever and is just laying around on the couch all day.  I guess the Lord is feeling like testing me right now because wow, how much more sickness can we take on?  However, with me not feeling all that adventurous with morning sickness, I am not feeling too stir crazy thankfully.

The only really big bummer is my friend Claudia drove up Saturday from AZ while her husband is out of town and was planning on staying with us until Thurdsay but has decided to just stay with her brother's girlfriend's family instead but she doesn't know them at all so it is a little awkward.  Until we know what we're dealing with with Mikey though, she doesn't want to stay with us because she has a little 22 month old daughter that could easily catch what Mikey has.

Anyway, I am now 17 weeks and last week I felt a lot better than the week before.  On Monday and Tuesday I actually had very minimal morning sickness and felt really good and that was so nice.  I thought I had turned a corner.  However, I have gone back and forth feeling good and feeling crappy.  Saturday I was very worn out and sick and Sunday I felt pretty good.  Today, mostly nauseous but just staying home to do laundry all day.

Hope your week is going better than mine!


No comments:

Post a Comment