Friday, May 10, 2013

It's a BOY!

We had our big ultrasound yesterday and found out we are having a BOY.  The baby didn't cooperate very well and she had a hard time getting a shot but she finally did and then did it again at the end to double check.  I felt like it would be a boy but had a little hope that I would be wrong and it would be a girl.  Also, the baby showed no abnormalities and looks completely healthy although measured 2 days smaller than my due date. 

My mom kept having dreams about me having another girl and in the past she has had dreams that I had an overweight girl but those dreams were just dreams in the end.  As for having an overweight daughter, someday I guess it could be Allie but anyone who knows her knows she is one little skinny minny.  At her 5 year checkup she was something like 70-90th for height and only 20th for weight and she only weighs 10 more pounds than Mikey who is 2, lol.

I must admit, I did have a small twinge of sadness when she announced it was a boy.  I wanted another girl so that Allie has a sister, and I always imagined having more than one daughter to go shopping with and have girl dates with.  Plus, all of the cute baby clothes that I just need to sell or get rid of without using again.

I guess I am being blessed though because I started going through all of her baby clothes and I actually didn't feel like I would miss most of them.  The ones that I still remember and made me feel nostalgic I decided to keep.  All in all, I will probably keep one small box of clothes just for the memories. Perhaps I am being too hasty getting rid of stuff in case the ultrasound tech is wrong but I feel it's a boy.  Also, if I ended up miscarrying this baby, I'm still not sure I would want another one because I would be fine with 3 kids also.  I thought about saving the clothes for my sisters to use but I bet they won't want most of them and neither of them are married although one sister is getting close having a serious boyfriend.  Then they would have to have a girl, lol.  Plus everyone wants new stuff for their first child and I get that.

Anyway, it's nice to get rid of stuff and dejunk some and after this baby is born, I will be able to get rid of boy stuff immediately after he grows out of it.  Justin asked me again if I am feeling done with having kids now that this baby is a boy and yes, I am feeling very done.  I am done with morning sickness and the changing of my body and the work I have to do to get back in shape after.  Plus, I am very excited for my kids to get a little older and go do things without bottles, naps, cribs etc to worry about.  Sounds pretty awesome to enter that new stage of life!


No comments:

Post a Comment