Tuesday, May 7, 2013

What a Relief!

So I just called my doctor's office to find out the results from my blood test for Down Syndrome and it was negative, I am feeling relief!  I have really been concerned that something would be wrong with this baby and the strongest feeling was Down's so I went ahead and did the bloodwork even though it is not required and can have a false positive sometimes.  Since I've been concerned, I have 'noticed' Down's people all around me more than normal and even at our hotel in Cancun was an entire group of Down's adults and I kept wondering if it was a sign or if I was just feeling paranoid.  Well, no worries so far and I'm glad.  Of course the big ultrasound on Thursday will share more information but so far, so good :)

Now, please don't get me wrong.  Those with disabilities are wonderful people and if we did have a baby with a disability, we would embrace the child with loving arms.  But there is just some relief in knowing that you have a truly healthy, no issues baby as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment