Monday, August 5, 2013

Stress and 33 weeks

So 33 weeks has been on my mind a lot this pregnancy because my good friend delivered her baby earlier this year when she was only 33 weeks.  While I am jealous she was done at this point, I know that having a preemie is not ideal and the newborn stage lasts a long time.  Plus she was in labor for days before she finally delivered so for now, I'm content to keep this little guy in.

This past week was a stressful one for my family.  My husband works for a company that bids on contracts from the government to have work doing missile defense and the work they have been doing for years and years came up for bid.  They bid and sadly, they lost this time.  We were shocked!  We had planned to go out Wednesday night and celebrate but instead, were quite bummed instead.  I woke up Thursday morning even more sad because in order for Justin to stay with his company, we will likely have to move out of state.   Otherwise he will need to look for another job in the future here in Utah.  He is more inclined to stay with his current company and move but we need to figure out what is best for our family.  His current job goes through March so it isn't anything that will need action immediately but still, not such a great feeling when we are about to start a school year and have a baby. 

On Thursday I had a sitter for 3 hours to go school clothes shopping, run errands and go grocery shopping.  I really walked quite a bit but it was very nice to get out.  Then I made Justin one of his favorite dinners but he didn't make it home until 8:30 PM because of meetings at work and this meant cleaning up dinner and putting the kids to bed by myself.  By the time he got home, I was so worn out I could barely stand up.  On Friday, I was completely worn out so I just vegged all day.  Every time I stood up I would have pains in my lower stomach and so resting was necessary.  Luckily my Mom decided to come visit so she was able to help out with the kids and packing so they could go camping that night.  We went up to the ward campout and had dinner and then I went home with a couple who was not spending the night. 

On Saturday I slept in after a peaceful night all to myself.  Then I got up and went to breakfast and then wandered around Walmart and did some errands at Walgreens and a hardware store.  Then the family came home and we went swimming that afternoon to celebrate the kids doing great at swimming lessons.  It was a fun day but by the end of the day I was worn out again.

This past week I was around 168-169 all week but yesterday my weight just shot up.  This morning I weighed in at 171 but I had eaten my breakfast so I would've been a little less.  I have also had some digestive issues so this weight gain may just be constipation or water retention but either way, oh well.  This came after eating very well yesterday (I fasted sugar so that I will be able to feel the spirit strongly when it comes to decision time about Justin's job) and ate lots and lots of veggies and grains. 

Anyway, I have faith that we will make it through this trial and that we will figure out the right place and the right company for our family.  I'm grateful that Justin is such a hard worker and takes such good care of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment