Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Random Thoughts

This morning I was listening to the radio and they were saying that most people gain on average 5 pounds over the holidays. Then the woman piped in that she has gained at least 10 pounds after getting married and I just laughed because that was the truth for me, and more! When I did my yeast free diet I got down to 136 and I still didn't quite fit into my wedding dress although I was close so I'm guessing I weighed around 130 when I got married (I didn't have a scale so I didn't know or track at all).

I think I gained 25 pounds after getting married, that's right, a whopping 25 pounds, yikes! I went from eating at my in-laws every night for dinner (usually healthy) to making meals myself which included a lot of Totino's pizzas. Justin and I really liked them but they are incredibly unhealthy and I swear I gain a pound every time I eat one. I remember one day 6 months after my wedding my Mom asked me if I was pregnant because I had gained so much weight. That was my wake up call and I started to realize what was happening to me! At least I wasn't alone, Justin had gained weight too.

Then one Sunday I weighed myself on my in-laws scale (we still didn't own one) and it was after I had eaten a huge dinner and I was 162, too high for me. From then on I have really tried to get my weight under control, and not only that, but be healthy. I have learned a lot and feel like I could almost be a nutritionist with how much I've read and learned.

Anyway, the last few days I have overindulged on sugar cookies and chips and salsa. I'm not usually a huge chips and salsa girl but I bought some yummy fresh salsa at Walmart and it is delicious and addicting. I felt like crap last night but I haven't gained any weight. Probably because I have another cough and my body is coughing a lot and fighting off the illness. However, I have some new lunch recipes, and I bought the food last night and I'm excited about eating better :)

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment