Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday Morning Weigh In

Today was another one of those days that makes you scratch your head.  Yesterday I was at 136.6 and this morning I woke up and weighed in at 138.8.  I don't know how my body gained over 2 pounds overnight but I feel poofy.  I haven't really eaten terribly, no pig outs but I also haven't been tracking calories and just eating normally if that makes sense.  I haven't been trying hard to eat really well but I haven't overeaten on crap either, kind of in between. 

I have partly been in this mode because we are going to try and have a baby soon, and I don't want to just start pigging out when I find out I'm pregnant for the 2 weeks before I get sick (I always start feeling nauseous at 6 weeks).  It seems that I've always been trying to lose weight when I get pregnant, and then when I find out, I just start eating everything I've been depriving myself of for the past while and end up gaining 10ish pounds in the first trimester.  So, in order to avoid feeling like I've been deprived, I have just been eating normal meals whenever I want and an occasional treat and snack when I am hungry.  I have just been letting my body hunger control when and what I eat.  I don't know if it will help, but I am going to try it.

Anyway, I'm so happy to hear that my weight loss blogging buddy Katie is pregnant and I wish her all the best going the other direction now :)

In other news, I went out to go jogging yesterday morning and ended up running into a friend.  We ran and walked a mile together and then she was done so we just walked and went a total of 2.25 miles together.  When I got home, my right knee was acting up so I decided to not go out and exercise anymore even though I was planning to get my heart rate going more.  My knee continued to swell all day and I couldn't kneel on it.  Today it doesn't feel as swollen and only hurts a little when walking around but it still hurts to put full pressure on when kneeling.  Hmmm, hopefully it will heal soon and exercise will really become the norm again.

1 comment:

  1. It would be so fun to gain weight together. Good luck with the baby making. Hopefully it won't take too long. I think your mindset right now is perfect a great way to get your body ready. Also, sorry about your knee. I hope you're back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete