Monday, September 2, 2013

3 Weeks to Go!

Still closer.  This morning I weighed in at 174, up 0.2 pounds from last week.  I have however been higher than that all week long.  I guess the weight has decided to pile on these last few weeks and that's ok.  I have now gained a total of 34.2 pounds and still have 3 weeks to go so I probably won't stay under the 135 recommended weight gain but once again, oh well. 

I went to see my doc on Tuesday and he started talking induction.  He offered Monday the 16th and I told him my brother was coming home from his mission that evening.  I told him if he couldn't take me 2 weeks early I would probably opt out of induction and he said he couldn't do that.  He then suggested Tuesday after my brother comes home (the 17th) and have 5 days to recover for my dad's wedding.  Hmmmmm, a possibility but what if there are complications such as a C-section.  Not so sure about that one either. 

Anyway, we never came to a conclusion so he said he would check me this week and see if I've progressed.  Last week I was still high and tight and almost a 1 and he made a note in my chart about my situation.

The question now is should I be induced on my due date or just let this baby come when it's ready.  I'm almost thinking I should go into labor because it is exciting to see when this little guy will come on his own.  That's my latest thinking but we'll see what the doc and I decide on tomorrow.   Happy Labor Day all!

P.S.  So glad it is finally the month I am due, yay!  Now if the weather would just chill out and get out of the 90's I would be grateful, I have been SOOOO hot this week.

1 comment:

  1. I hate these last few weeks. It's hard. You're uncomfortable and so ready to see the baby and for you it sounds like you have the added stress of knowing when is it best for him to come, especially with so many things happening right around the time your supposed to be delivering. I hope you can feel peace about whatever choice/ situation happens.

    ReplyDelete