Monday, September 16, 2013

39 Weeks and Here We Go!

So last week after my doctor's appt I was really bummed and kept feeling down all day.  However as the day went on and talking to Justin and my mom and praying a lot, I felt like I should just have the baby on Tuesday the 17th which means tomorrow!  All of my confusion seemed to melt away and I felt pretty happy and peaceful Tuesday night so I'm having a baby very soon.

This morning I weighed in at 174.8 which is exactly 35 pounds gained. 

Now for the bummer news.  I planned with my doctor an induction for Tuesday because I wanted to make it to my brother's airport homecoming from his mission.  Unfortunately Hurricane Ingrid is hitting Tampico Mexico this morning which is where he is serving so his flight was canceled.  Boo.  Now he has another flight scheduled for Wednesday but I will be in the hospital so I will miss the celebration.  Oh well, at least I'll have my cute baby boy here and no more aches, pains and nausea. 

This past week the heartburn has gone crazy, the worst I've ever had and the feeling of acid in my throat was bothering me constantly.  The tums just didn't cut it this time so I tried some Prilosec OTC although the box said it can take 1-4 days to kick in.  I bought it on Friday and took one on Saturday morning and it worked that day, yay!  I took another one yesterday and I needed no tums both days.  (I admit, I took 2 in the afternoon just because I like them so much, lol!)  So far today I forgot to take it on an empty stomach this morning but I am feeling fine and will probably just survive on Tums if needed seeing as this is the last day of heartburn I should really have. 

Well, I'm off to my last doctor's appt and hopefully things are progressing and all goes well tomorrow morning.  A huge thanks to my in-laws for taking my kids tonight through Thursday :)

1 comment:

  1. I just knew you would find the route that would be best for you. I'm sorry about your brother but you will get to see him even if you are not at the airport. It will be something to talk about....had a baby, brother home from mission, dad's wedding, all in one week! I am super excited to hear how the induction goes tomorrow. I pray that all will go well and that you will recover quickly so you can "enjoy" the wedding. Loves you you!

    ReplyDelete