Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Oh Decisions.

Well, this was not my favorite doctor's visit.  My doctor must've been in a bad mood or something because instead of being the kind caring sensitive guy I've always known, he was fairly pushy today.

He tells me that we're all set for an induction next Tuesday, the 17th.  I look at him and tell him that I never agreed to an induction, it was rather something we had discussed in the past.  He told me that he went ahead and scheduled it just in case I did want to have my baby then.  I then tell him that yes, my brother will be home and yes, it will be before my dad gets married but then I told him that I wasn't sure going to my dad's wedding with a newborn and engorged would be better than going pregnant.  He then tells me that at least I would have some control over the situation and have my baby instead of going into labor on Friday and missing the wedding altogether.  I told him I never go early so I will probably still be pregnant.  (Of course, I really could go into labor early and miss it, hmmmm.)

Anyway, he suggested that I come in next Monday to be checked and then tell him yes or no to the Tuesday morning induction.  Then I talked to him about pumping and how much extra work it is to pump, have a newborn and attend a wedding just 4 days after having a baby.  He then tells me that if I'm going to pump, I may as well just breastfeed.  Without wanting to get into a long drawn out discussion, I simply tell him that I can control the pain better if I just pump and leave it at that. 

He then measures me and I am measuring at 36 cm and he says that's just fine since the baby is moving down at this point.  I asked him again about last week and he said I was 34 and should've been 37, so I was 3 cm below and more than 2 cm they do more testing.  Also, my blood pressure was just fine today.

He then does an internal exam and said I am dilated to a 1 and he could feel the baby was head down but ouch, this time his exam hurt.

All in all, I seriously felt like crying when I left because of his attitude today.  I get it, doctor's have bad days too but still, not my favorite doctor's visit.

I am going to pray about having my baby next Tuesday and see what the Lord says.  It would be nice to be done in just 1 week......

No comments:

Post a Comment