Sunday, September 8, 2013

Measuring Small

So, I really need to do my weekly post after I go to the doctor for the latest information.  So, this is information from last Tuesday and then I will update again Tuesday when I go in again. 

On Tuesday I measured at only 35 cm instead of 37 so the doctor did an ultrasound (not sure what I was the week before.....did I stay the same or go down?)  Fortunately the baby's heart and lungs looked good and there was plenty of fluid around the baby and the baby was moving enough to make my doctor feel things were just fine.  So, I am going in on Tuesday again at about the same time in the morning to see if the baby has grown this week.  If not, well, I suppose there will be another ultrasound to double check everything is going well again.  The baby still moves quite a bit and I can feel the baby getting hiccups at least once a day so that's good.

However, I may have gone down because the week before I had an appt after lunch when I had already had 4 cups of water and eaten lunch so I could've been bigger than normal since I usually go in in the morning and not in the afternoon.  Anyway, I have never measured small with any of my kids so that was new to me.  Also, my blood pressure was a little high (once again, I don't know how high, I didn't ask).  She did it twice and both times it was high.  I was hoping they would whisk me away to labor and delivery but no such luck, ha ha.

Anyway, I'm super curious to see what will happen this week.  Also, I have decided not to be induced.  The doctor has offered Tues the 17th after my brother comes home and before my dad's wedding, but I am realizing that I will likely be engorged and very uncomfortable and with having to pump, the wedding won't be super easy with a newborn and I'd rather just be pregnant.  Plus, I was complaining that 5 weeks seemed so far away and now 2 weeks seems so soon.  So for now, I will be okay just going into the labor the week I'm due.  I would love to know when this baby wants to come on his own :)


No comments:

Post a Comment