Thursday, March 25, 2010

Friday Morning Weigh-In

February 5, 2010

This morning I weighed in at 142.8 which is down 1.2 pounds from last Friday :) For this post, I am going to share what I am doing each day and week to eat well and exercise just so I document it for myself.

Each morning I have cereal for breakfast, typically Honey & Oat Blenders. I have a double serving (1.5 cups) and 3/4 cup skim milk which equals 308 calories. I measure every morning! This will usually tide me over until lunch. If not I eat some fruit (50-100 calories) or a 100 calorie granola bar.

For lunch I have Progresso light soups and eat the whole can which is typically 120-160 calories. Then I have bread and butter with it or fruit. I also eat salmon (100 calories) with a cup of broccoli (35 calories) and a cup of cauliflower (28 calories). I also like Sam's Club frozen Parmesan coated Tilapia which is 230 calories with some veggies or fruit. I also love eating wheat penne noodles with a little cheese and spaghetti sauce. My lunch typically runs me 300-500 calories. Then I usually have some wiggle room for a snack in the afternoon. I usually eat cereal, granola bars, fruit or popcorn for a snack. My goal is to be right around 1,000 calories going into dinner so that I can have a larger dinner of 600-700 calories. I try to stay between 1600 and 1700 calories each day.

For dinner, I just make any of my regular dinners and try not to overeat. This is definitely my biggest meal and I really enjoy having one meal where I am totally full! I usually don't count calories because I don't know the calories of all my dinners but I figure if I leave myself 700 calories and eat at home, I probably won't go over!

If I ever want to have a treat, I just save some calories for a treat and have a smaller calorie dinner like fish, brown rice and veggies. Or I have a smaller calorie lunch and eat a treat to finish up my calories to 1,000 before dinner :)

This probably sounds exhausting but it really isn't! Once you get used to it, it's easy and I am definitely losing weight and eating better! I never want to get diabetes and I never want to have heart disease and so along with losing weight, I want to put healthy things into my body to take care of it!

I also exercise M-F with a 20 minute interval workout and usually add an additional 10 minute workout of aerobics, kick-boxing or the treadmill to get to 30 min's a day. I needed an incentive to exercise 5 times a week and Justin knows I love going out on dates. He told me if I did then he would take me out for sure every other week. Sounds good to me!

Lastly, I do leave one day a week to not count calories and just eat whatever I want! This week it will be Sunday for the superbowl, next week it will be Valentine's Day etc. While exercising and eating well can be hard, I feel like I'm succeeding because I CAN have treats if I budget them in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment