Sunday, April 22, 2012

Friday Morning Weigh In

Last week was quite the whirlwind of weights and emotions for me.  Over the weekend I gained 4.4 pounds, going from 136.4 to 140.8.  I'm not 100% sure what caused the weight gain since I was just finishing my period which typically means you are lighter, but I was taking more than normal my prescription back pain pills (I can take 2 a day and I had only been taking 1 about every other day and went back up to taking 2 a day for my back pain).  In the past they have caused weight gain (seriously, I would go to bed weighing one amount and wake up weighing more) which can be a side effect.  So, I think it was the pills but again, I'm not really sure.  As a result, I really tried hard to eat well and exercise every day and after all of it, I weighed in on Friday at 137.6.  I was able to lose 3.2 pounds but not get back down in the 136's and definitely not lose weight.  I gained a total of 1.2 pounds this week.

Well, I really want to make weight loss happen for me and I really want to succeed.  This week my husband is going out of town which means lighter easier dinners (yay!) and hopefully I will see some good results at the end of this week.  Rather than have a set date when I have to lose weight, I am just going to try for a weight loss every week, no matter how slim.  I would love it if I could just lose 2 pounds a week and be done in 4 weeks but that probably won't happen especially when things like what happened last week happen.  It is frustrating but it's okay.  Anyway, I'm hoping to have some great news to report on Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment