Sunday, April 29, 2012

It's time to get serious.

These past few weeks I have done so well during the week and then sabotaged myself on the weekends.  This weekend was no different and part of it had to do with my friend Claudia being in town.  She is not from Utah and wanted to try some different places plus we were on the go a lot so we ate out almost every meal.  I ate at Paradise Bakery, Zupas, Cafe Rio, The Sweet Tooth Fairy, and Sbarro and pretty much undid all of my hard work over the week.

So, I am going to go on a no sugar diet until I reach my goal weight.  It is something I have wanted to try for a while and I feel ready to conquer this weight loss head on.  I think it will also encourage me to see results fast so that I don't have to avoid sugar for very long :)  I am also looking forward to waking up each morning knowing that I really did eat well the day before.  I am not quite sure what I'm going to cut out for sure, I asked a friend (Lynsey Strader) for some advice who recently did a 40 day no sugar diet and I'm going to see what she did.  She lost 8 pounds without even exercising.  I'm hoping to continue exercising and get down under 135 quickly and finally make it to 130.

I am also toying with the idea of looking up a half marathon this summer/fall and training to do one.  Some friends recently did the Thanksgiving point one and I see all over the 13.1 and 26.2 stickers on people's cars and I kinda want one on my car.  It's just something I am totally digging right now.  It would be awesome to get past my limit of only running 3 miles :)  I am going to do some research and report on my blog what I decide.

I'm excited for a fit and healthy summer ahead of me before trying to have another baby.

Update:  Okay, I heard back from my friend and these are the things she avoided:


No desserts or candy
Yogurts of any kind except plain (yuck)
Granola bars, graham crackers, etc.
Any juices, sodas, gatorades, etc.  (no problem there, I never drink anything but milk and water)
Jam, jelly, honey. nutella
Aspartame, sucralose, splenda,etc.


Fruit is allowed and the only other thing I am going to add to my list to avoid is fried foods.  She still allowed things like pizza, tacos, etc, just cut out anything that tasted sweet.

Still no BodyBugg so I think I am going to start using MyFitnessPal instead since I can't even plug in my calories burned anymore.

Here I go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment