Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Not emotionally ready

So, I said I was going to eat better this week but emotionally I wasn't ready. As a result, I have not eaten well but I have lost weight, lol! It doesn't really make sense. On Monday I realized that since I didn't go to the huge McMurray Sunday dinner with turkey dinner and all the trimmings, Justin had brought me home a plate to eat for lunch on Monday. So, I ate it and loved it. Complete with dessert.

Then on Tuesday I was having major major treat cravings. I ended up eating some Easter candy in the morning (didn't cut it) and after taking Timmy to the doctor and him wanting some Skinny Cow chocolate truffle ice cream bars, we went to Walmart. I knew the ice cream bars wouldn't cut it either (I wanted something solid and filling), so I bought some Nutty Bars, my favorite, and my downfall because I always eat sooooo many of them!

Not only did I eat about 900 calories worth of Nutty Bars, I also had an ice cream bar.....ahhh, 1,000 calories in just treats not to mention the 200-300 I ate earlier in candy. What is wrong with me????

Anyway, after the kids went down I went outside and jogged for 3 miles to try and burn some if it off, lol!

Well, I would say that sugar is banned until Saturday when we are celebrating Timmy's birthday but with Nutty Bars in the house, I'm not that strong. I think Monday may just have to be the day to start again. Also, I know I need to get my sugar cravings under control because my chest is much more sensitive. Whenever I crave sugar like this, I have a yeast overgrowth in my body that I need to get under control and go on a sugar detox diet for a bit to help it. I remember after I had Allison, I went on Diflucan for a few days which helps with yeast overgrowth in the body and for about a week or two, I didn't crave sugar, it was really a nice feeling.

This morning I weighed in at 136.2, down 0.8 pounds, ha ha ha.

1 comment:

  1. I am just like you. When there are treats in the house I just want to eat them up! Cake, Ice cream, chocolate, whatever. I have learned that I cannot bring the treats in the house. This makes it extra hard around the holidays though. I have yet to buy Easter candy because I know I'll want to eat it. On birthdays I throw the rest of the cake away after the event (again waiting to get it on the day of or just before we're going to eat). Also, to help, I got some sugar free candies and treats so that when I do need something I can indulge without adding too many calories or fat. In the beginning I kept it in an odd place that was hard to get to so that I would not be tempted to eat them all at once. In fact, I had to get the latter out of the garage to get them. Now they're just in the very top cupboard in the kitchen and I know they're there but don't eat them very regularly. Maybe 2-3 times a week and only 1 or 2 at a time. Also, I bought some fat free tart frozen yogurt that's 70 cals a half cup and I love eating it after dinner or after the kids go to sleep with some peaches or strawberries. It is so yummy and even though it's only around 100 calories I feel like I've eaten more cause it's a great treat for me. For my birthday I got an electric IceCream maker that you don't have to use ice or salt with. It is so cool. There are recipe's for frozen yogurt and I've made raspberry and want to try the chocolate. The calories are pretty low and are super yummy. (then again I don't like regular icecream or chocolate, but sometimes a girl just needs chocolate). Anyway, These are things that have helped me....although, I can admit that I Have my days where I eat too many "treats" except my treat is usually a whole bags of chips! Glad you saw a loss. Keep up the good work...You can do this. PS> I weighed in yesterday and today at 133.4 down 2 pounds from 2 days ago. So dumb how we change so much from day to day.

    ReplyDelete