Monday, May 7, 2012

A Bit Frustrated

Right now I am feeling a bit blue and frustrated that I was working so hard, getting so close and then I hurt myself and caused a major injury which will set me back a few months.  Every day I barely make it to 2000 calories and even then, I am eating about that many calories because I am hungry ALL the TIME!  I don't know if my body just needs more calories for energy so that it can heal my calf or what, but I am so munchie.  I have still been really good although I had 1 cookie tonight.  It didn't even satisfy me but at least I only ate 1.  I really wanted it, and the weight loss just isn't happening right now, so I allowed myself 1.

At this point, unfortunately and to my sadness, I think I will just go back into maintenance mode until I can briskly walk without pain and start to work out some again.  I don't know when that will happen but hopefully no longer than 3 weeks from the injury.

I can walk around with a limp without using my crutches which is nice but tiresome and so slow.  On Friday I will try to walk using my full leg and see where my pain level is at.  I hope I can kick this pain soon and go back to losing weight, I was feeling so good just a few short days ago!

Anyway, I seem to be staying right around 136 so that will be my maintenance goal from here until I heal.

Boo.


2 comments:

  1. It's wonderful that you are maintaining and trying to eat well despite your setback. It always seems like there is always something that can hold us back from achieving what we want. I guess the thing to be learned is...can I keep on track despite my setback? And YES, you can. Even if that means maintenance. Keep it up. You can overcome this.
    Quick question, do you have the ability to swim for exercise? That could be an option?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I could swim, but I can't drive until at least Friday and I'm not sure I'll be up for it even then. So far I have been feeling so exhausted just getting around that actual exercise doesn't even seem feasible yet, lol. Perhaps next week I will be able to walk normally and feel up for driving and if so, swimming would be a great option, thanks!

    ReplyDelete