Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Exercise!

I finally exercised today for the first time in almost 4 weeks.  It was just doing my stair step over and over as well as some strength training and I only burned about 200 calories in 40 minutes but it's a start.  Hopefully I can start doing more exercise and get back to doing it every day. 

I also need to get back into wearing my BodyBugg every day all day.  Since I wasn't able to move much, I didn't want to wear it all the time.  I also find myself a little self conscious wearing it with short sleeved clothes and always having people comment on it, but I'm trying to be okay with it.

1 comment:

  1. Only 200 calories. I usually burn about 300 calories in an hour so for me that would be right on. Plus, weight training, although it doesn't burn as many calories as cardio, is so much better for your body because you gain muscle which in the long run helps you to burn more calories later. I've put a lot of emphasis on weight training because the more muscle you have the more calories you can burn. I'm hoping that what I'm doing now, even if I'm not seeing results now, will in the long run bring me to a better place when in maintenance. Now to find a way to LOVE working out. So far...I have a love/hate relationship with it.

    ReplyDelete