Saturday, May 5, 2012

Friday Morning Weigh In

On Thursday night I was playing Futsol at the church and I kicked the ball and then stepped back and I felt like someone whacked me in the calf with a metal bat.  The pain was soooo strong!  I immediately had to sit down and the pain would not go away.  It felt like a huge charlie horse but unlike charlie horses, the pain would not go away.

I called Justin and he came to pick me up and we decided I needed a doctor so we called our neighbor and she went over to watch our kids while we went to the Instacare.  I was soooo uncomfortable and could not find a position in which my leg didn't throb like crazy.

Anyway, the doctor ruled out an Achilles heel injury and said I tore my gastroc calf muscle.  He tried to outfit me with a walking book (Cam Walker) and that did not help at all, so much pain!  He then gave me crutches and told me to use them for a whole week and do range of motion stretching exercises every day.  He gave me a muscle relaxer, percocet and an anti-inflammatory med.

I came home and Justin went to get my meds and after I took them I had a hard time sleeping.  I finally fell asleep around 2 AM and the next day I was sooo tired that I slept nearly all day.  I had a short nap in the morning when Justin had to go to work and then I napped from 11-1, had some lunch and then napped from 1:30-5:30.  The pain however has gone down significantly though and I haven't had to have hardly any pain meds since.  I'm surprised how little pain I feel now. 

I did manage to weigh in and I was at 134.2, same as Thursday morning.  However, I am back up to 135.6 this morning.  I still didn't eat sugar yesterday but I was very sedentary and ate regular meals (the meds increase my appetite some).  We'll see how this injury plays into weight loss.  I really don't want to eat sugar especially now that I will be so sedentary for a week but I think weight loss will slow down with moving so little.

Anyway, the most important thing is for me to heal and get back to normal :)  The doctor did say that with scar tissue forming, I could re-injure myself quite easily so even after I can walk again I still need to take it easy for several months and just walk or ride my bike for exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment